Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 8 and Day 9 (Playing Catch-up)

I haven't posted in awhile, but I've still been working on my challenge. I just haven't been so good about posting them up here. So I'm going to post a couple of them a day till I get caught back up to spare everyone from a post with all 14 or so I haven't posted yet.

Day 8
Words:
AN: Farm Fowl, Rooster
VG: Ginger
EM: Brick, Cobblestone
TC: Brush - hair/tooth

AN: Turtle  
VG: Mushroom 
EM: Electric Bolt
TC: Ornament, Pillar

Here I first picked turtle, because Turtles are fun and I've always liked the look of them. So I started with that and like my other drawings I grabbed some references because I've been trying to draw a little more life like. As I went, I was trying to decide what else to use and mushroom sounded good to me, so I added those in. for the turtle shell, I'm going for a brick/stone sort of texture that I'll probably re-do eventually. I named it a Shroomed Turtle.
Major: Turtle & Mushroom
Minor: Brick, Cobblestone



Day 9
Words:
AN: Frog, Newt
VG: Asparagus
EM: Rust, Oxide
TC: Spacecraft

AN: Lupine - Wild Dog
VG: Vine
EM: Planets, Saturn's Rings
TC: Rail, Train, Trolly

Here I 'tried' to do a spacecraft. I had intentions of making it old, rusted and vine covered, like it had crashed and had been left for ages. I may go back and try to do this again some day, but right now, I just can't seem to get perspectives down so it looks right. So after a while, I just decided to stop messing with it, add in some final details and call it 'done'.
Major: Spacecraft



I also got the idea that after I'm done with the 30 days, I'd go back and take the ones that turned out good and finish them up nicely so they could be put in a prortfolio of some sort. I also thought, with those I didn't like as much, take the reason why, and work on that and the piece to a point i'm happier with it.

Have a great night everyone and tune in tomorrow for the next 2.
~Ben

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for following my blog :) Yours is pretty awesome! I'm loving your cross stitched pieces, the Lemons had me laughing for several minutes XD And your drawing challenge is pretty interesting and sounds hard too. But the creatures/objects you're coming up with are really original. I especially love all the animals, they turned great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following me as well! I'm glad you enjoyed looking over my stuff! :D

      Delete