Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 12 and 13

Alright, here we are at Day 12 and 13.
Day 12
Words:
AN: Squid, Mudskipper
VG: Thick Leaf - Jade
EM: Cement, Sediment
TC: Place of Worship, Totem

AN: Tropical - Parot, heron
VG: Poppy
EM: Frost, Snow
TC: Laser Beam

Here I decided to use heron as the base for the creature. Then I used Thick Leaf as inspiration and decided to make this a plant based creature. A plant/bird hybrid creature. It's beak is bark and I made his feet to look like roots. The rest of him I decided would be covered with leaves, imitating feathers. Overall, I think it turned out pretty good. Eventually I will probably go back and color it.


Day 13
Words:
AN: Frog, Newt
VG: Birch
EM: Molten Lava
TC: Brush - Hair, Tooth

AN: Seabird, Penguin
VG: Carnivorous
EM: Dew Drops
TC: Solar Panel

Here I decided to use Carnivorous plant as the base. I didn't want to do a side image, so I tried doing one from above. I decided that this particular plant, when wide open waiting for prey, had part of the inside of its mouth that would look like a lizard, or newt of sorts. It acts as a decoy, luring something close enough to get caught by the plant. I named it Trionaea because Dionaea is the real name for a venus fly trap like plant, and since its also a TRap of sorts, I decided to call it a Tr(ap)ionaea.


And there we are! We have a ways to go, but I'll get caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment