Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 4 and Day 5

Hello! Yesterday was busy and I didn't get around to posting the drawing so I'm posting them both now.

Words for Day 4:
AN: Lotus, Mantis
VG: Birch Tree
EM: Electric Bolt
TC: Pen, Paintbrush

AN: Sheep, Cow
VG: Willow Tree
EM: Cracked Clay
TC: Turbine

Major: Mantis, Sheep/Cow
Minor, Willow Tree, Birch Tree
This one took a little bit to figure out what I wanted to do. I decided to use Mantis as a basis for the creature, then decided to make it more of a herding/farm animal using sheep/cow. Then after I decided this creature would be like a sheep, where its hair was cut to make things. Then the thought of using the willow tree jumped in, the hair falls off the body like a willow tree. I decided to use birch tree to give the body of the creature texture. Overall it wasn't too hard drawing, but just took time figuring out how to draw the hair or getting the body the way I wanted it. Total ~2 hours. I plan on going back and coloring it sometime. It is called a Meesh.

Now, on to day 5.
Words:
AN: Fish - Freshwater
VG: Pumpkin, gourd
EM: Ripple
TC: Bulb, Lamp

AN: Lizard, Snake
VG: Maple, Oak
EM: Glass, Crystals
TC: Fan, Propeller

Major : Snake
Minor : Crystal, Bulb

Here I decided to go with a snake as a major form. I wanted to use crystals and bulb in it somewhere and then decided to go with sort of a rattlesnake and the rattler would be made of crystal and can also be a light source if rattled, or something like that. The challenge here was getting it too look coiled up without looking weird or off. Again, I didn't get it colored by the 2 hour mark so I decided to just shade it and then come back later to color it someday. I decided to call this one a Traplight Rattler. I see it as a snake that would lure unsuspecting prey by the light coming from it tail, and then strike when they got close enough.


And there is Day 4 and 5, hope those who are reading are enjoying this, I'd love to hear any comments and such. Thanks for reading, have a fantastic day.

1 comment:

  1. Ben,

    Your creativity is so refreshing to me. I am completely inspired by you every single day and this new challenge that you have presented yourself with is just outstanding. You have created some amazing art in just 6 short days and I couldn't be more proud. Not to mention the fact you have been willing to challenge yourself to do things you are not comfortable doing.

    I love you so much and am always so grateful to have you in my life.
    thank you for being my other half.

    Manda

    ReplyDelete