Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First Project Completed

Hello Everyone! 

I finally finished my first large cross stitch project. I've been working on it for a good month or so in the evenings and it's finally done! It's a late Christmas present for a friend of mine and I only had a bit of it done by Christmas, enough to show him what it was turning into. If you don't know its inspired by Portal 2 (based off this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyLUU3O4zW8). I had seen a couple others using the quote around the internet and wanted to do it for a while, I just hadn't because I was working on this HUGE cross stitch that I'd be working on for a good 6 months or so. That one though began to feel almost like a job though so I decided to put that one away for a while and work on new projects. I found someone who had done the text already, and used most of it and modified what I didn't think looked right. Then I added more lemons to it to create a full border and then created the companion cube pattern for the corners.

And here is how it turned out!

Here is the full cross stitch.
Here is a close up of just the companion cube.
Overall, I think it turned out really great. I really want to do it again so I can have one on my wall, but I think I'll wait a little bit before I do it again. Now the hard part is picking out my next project. I think I know which one I'm going to go with but we will see what I decide. And with that I hope everyone has a great week and has lots of inspiration brought to them.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment