Sunday, December 2, 2012

NaNoWriMo Follow-up

Ok, this is going to be a quick one. NaNoWriMo went great. It was a lot of fun and I found out that I actually enjoyed writing this month. I didn't make it all the way to 50k by the end of november. With school and the holidays I got slowed down a little bit, and didn't manage my time outside of those the greatest. If I had done a little more writing I would have been great.

I managed to make it to 46,889 out of 50,000. I spent most of Thursday and Friday last week feverishly writing on my story to try to make it. I managed to do some amazing strides, which included about 9k on Thursday and a whooping 17k on Friday.  By the time it got to 10:30PM or so, I'd been writing all day long and my hands were hurting and my brain just couldn't come up with anything so I threw in the towel.

I don't feel bad about it, I learned that I liked to write and I think I will continue to do so afterwards. A lot of the South Dakota NaNo group is going to continue to write and support each other in is, so I might end up doing that, not entirely sure yet.

I'm going to work on editing the first chapter up and get it to a point that I like it and I might post it up here for anyone who wants to read it. If anything, I know where I think I want my story to go and what is going to happen, and I'm excited about that.

Ultimately, I may end up using my novel as the basis for a comic series/graphic novel. That's been a goal of mine for a long time. I've wanted to write and draw a graphic novel or a comic since high school, just never thought anyone would want to see anything I could do or read anything I could write.

I'm starting to get over my fear of being rejected finally, so I'm going to work on it and put something out. All I got was good feedback from those who read part of my novel for the month. Anyway, my "short" post is getting longer so I'll end it there. I unfortunately don't have any art to post with this one as most things I'm working on right now are presents and I don't want them to accidentally be seen by the recipient of the gift.

Good Night everyone and have a fantastic holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment